We, at the Henry Walser Funeral Home, believe in preserving the dignity of your loved one. We will wash and fully dress your loved one and help make them look as natural as possible. Typically clothing is not returned to the family unless specifically requested*, however jewellery and other items that are displayed with your loved one can either be returned or left with them. You may bring the clothing with you to the arrangement meeting, or you may bring them to the funeral home at a later scheduled time. If you are not able to come to the funeral home, our staff can come to your home to retrieve them. We would prefer to have the clothing by 12 noon at least one day prior to your loved one’s first visitation or viewing. If you have any questions, please call us at 519-749-8467.
Clothing for your loved one should include:
- Long sleeves and a high neckline (covering the collarbone area)
- Undergarments – including underwear, socks, t-shirt, bra, stockings, slips, etc. as appropriate
- Shoes (optional)
- Glasses, wig or hairpiece (if normally worn)
- Hair dye MUST be provided by the family and at the funeral home by 12 noon the day before first visitation
- A recent photo as a reference for hair and cosmetics
- Jewellery, a rosary or any other items to be placed in the casket with your loved one.
All items (clothing, Jewellery, etc.) will be inventoried by a Henry Walser Funeral Home staff person when receiving. We will ask you to sign the inventory list to acknowledge we have itemized all of the pieces.
* If there is an article of clothing you wish to be returned, please be sure to tell the staff person and your funeral director when the items are being received..